Serving at Redemption
At Redemption, we ask each person who calls this place home to be involved in serving in some way. That’s why we call our serving opportunities "Missional Teams"—because everyone who serves at Redemption is on mission. Each week, we have people attend Redemption who don’t know Jesus and therefore, we put a great deal of time, effort, and focus on ensuring we create a distraction free environment. We believe this allows people to zero in on the Gospel message being preached each week.
Below is a description for each missional team. Once you’ve decided where you would like to participate, fill out the form below and we will get you plugged in. We need everyone's participation so that as a family we can carry the mission forward.
We exist to support all the other missional teams in preparing the church for our Sunday services and ensuring they have everything they need for a smooth worship service. We do this by:
- Packing the trailer before and after service
- Assisting with production elements such as lights and media
- Placing signage so people can find our church easily on Sunday mornings
- Monitoring levels of coffee and refilling pots
No special skills are needed; all we ask for is a servants attitude to do whatever might come up on a Sunday morning.
Each week, we partner with the parents of Redemption to hand the gospel to the next generation by providing ministry for kids ages 6 weeks through 8 years. We do this by:
- Ensuring parents know their kids are being well cared for so they can focus on being a part of the weekly gathering
- Keeping the kids' ministry welcoming, safe and healthy
- Serving one or two times per month during the service to fill a variety of roles, including caring for babies, teaching children, and assisting the teachers
- Paging a parent when diapers need changing or other issues arise.
As the only missional team that is pulled out of the worship service, you deeply bless the parents of Redemption. We want to ensure that this is a safe, clean, and loving environment for our kids at all times. To support this, all people serving in Redemption Kids must complete an application and pass a background check.
Joining Guest Services means being the welcoming face of Redemption Bible Church to each guest that comes on a Sunday morning. We do this by:
- Opening the door for everyone
- Making a positive first impression the moment new guests enter the church
- Directing people to the coffee, the bathrooms, and the children’s rooms
- Handing out weeklies
- Collecting the offering
- Helping people get connected to the next steps at Redemption
- Providing hospitality to event attendees before, during, and after each connection event.
- Working with the staff to plan the details of & execute monthly connection events
At all Redemption gatherings, the Guest Services team strives to make everyone feel welcome.”
We labor to produce gospel-proclaiming, Jesus-praising worship gatherings where life-change is expected. Each week we progress through a journey of lifting our eyes to give thanks to and testify about Jesus, as we prepare to passionately ascribe Him ultimate worth.
- Leading worship through singing and playing music
- Meeting weekly to rehearse.
- Continuing to grow in both skill and spiritual vitality
Covenant Membership is required to be on the Worship Band Missional Team.
Joining our Office Cleaning Team means cleaning the office and Training Center at Redemption on a monthly basis. We do this by:
- Vacuuming floors
- Emptying trash
- Cleaning bathrooms
- Anything else to ensure the office & training center are clean and ready to go
The Office Cleaning Missional Team ensures that when people come in for meetings or training, our space is ready and welcoming. One great benefit to serving on this team is that you are able to serve as it best fits your schedule. For someone who is unable to commit to serving on Sunday mornings, and so this is a great option to still be able to do your part.
Small Group Lead
We exist to drive spiritual growth through genuine connection by meeting regularly in many different locations to study God’s Word and apply it to our lives. As Small Group LEADs, we serve Redemption weekly by:
- Loving God and others
- Engaging people in meaningful conversation
- Accepting responsibility for our group
- Delegating shared tasks and building a culture of mutual service
We serve in order to build authentic relationships by managing the 6 essentials of a healthy small group.
- Responsible leadership
- Meaningful discussion
- Conducive environment for meaningful discussion and intercessory prayer
- Genuine connection
- Consistent administration and communication with Missional Team Leader
- Mutual service
Community at Redemption is expressed in many ways, but small groups are the most intimate and regular expression. Small groups meet in homes, coffee shops, restaurants, and offices scattered throughout the northwest suburbs, and we need people with a passion for God, people, and community to be Small Groups Leads.