Serving at Redemption
We ask each person who calls Redemption home to be involved in serving in some way. We call our serving opportunities "Missional Teams" — because everyone who serves at Redemption is on mission. Each week, we have people attend Redemption who don’t know Jesus and therefore, we put a great deal of time, effort, and focus on ensuring we create a distraction-free environment. We believe this allows people to zero in on the gospel message being preached each week.
Below is a description for each missional team. Once you’ve decided where you would like to participate, fill out the form provided and we will get you plugged in. We value everyone's participation so that as a family we can carry the mission forward.
Each week, we partner with the parents of Redemption to hand the gospel to the next generation by providing ministry for kids ages 6 weeks through 8 years. We do this by:
- Ensuring parents know their children are being well cared for so they can focus on being a part of the weekly gathering
- Keeping the children's ministry welcoming, safe and healthy
- Asking team members to serve once or twice a month during the service to fill a variety of roles, including caring for babies, teaching children, and assisting the teachers
- Paging a parent when diapers need changing or other issues arise.
As the only missional team that is pulled out of the worship service, you deeply bless the parents of Redemption. We want to ensure that this is a safe, clean, and loving environment for our kids at all times. To support this, all people serving in Redemption Kids must complete an application and pass a background check.
Joining the Welcome Team means being the welcoming face of Redemption Bible Church to each guest that comes on a Sunday morning. We do this by:
- Opening the door for everyone
- Making a positive first impression the moment new guests enter the church
- Directing people to the coffee, the bathrooms, and the children’s rooms
- Handing out weeklies
- Collecting the offering
- Helping people get connected to the next steps at Redemption
- Providing hospitality to event attendees before, during, and after each connection event.
- Working with the staff to plan the details of and execute monthly connection events
At all Redemption gatherings, the Welcome team strives to make everyone feel welcome.
We labor to produce gospel-proclaiming, Jesus-praising worship gatherings where life-change is expected. Each week we progress through a journey of lifting our eyes to give thanks to and testify about Jesus, as we prepare to passionately ascribe Him ultimate worth.
- Leading worship through singing and playing music
- Meeting weekly to rehearse.
- Continuing to grow in both skill and spiritual vitality
Covenant Membership is required to be on the Worship Band Missional Team.